Tele-seminars refer to the conference call information sessions which can be attended from anywhere by telephone or computer. Call-in info will be emailed to you after you have registered. *Please note: when going through the check-out process, please input the phone number that you will be calling in from.
About the RDSP
The Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) is a Canada-wide registered matched savings plan specific for people with disabilities. It is a unique savings program that allows savings to grow in a tax-deferred environment and provides matching federal contributions of up to 300% annually. Canada is the first country in the world to have an RDSP, which helps those living with a disability and their families save for the future.
Join us for this free workshop to learn all you need to know about becoming eligible, opening and maximizing the benefits from an RDSP.
What you will learn at this workshop
- An overall understanding of what the RDSP is and how it works
- How to become eligible, open and manage your RDSP
- How to benefit and maximize your savings
- Updates and changes to the RDSP
- You can ask an expert all your questions and concerns
- Our sessions are held in a small group setting so that individual questions can easily be answered.
Who should attend
- People who want to learn more about the RDSP
- People who already have an RDSP but want to learn more and ask questions
- Individuals with disabilities
- Parents, siblings, friends
- Support workers
- Financial Professionals
Some of the instructors
- Dan McDonald is a Lifetime member of PLAN as well as a Certified Professional Accountant [CPA] with a PhD and a former accounting professor at Simon Fraser University.
- Laurie Gecshke is a parent, PLAN member, and long-time disability planning advisor for Plan Institute.
- Laura Mackenrot graduated from UBC with a Bachelor of Commerce designation. Born with severe arthritis, she has been active in advocacy all her life. Since becoming totally blind, Laura has become a financial expert for people with disabilities, specializing in the RDSP. She has been presenting RDSP tele-seminars for PLAN for over 4 years, and currently sits on the Persons With Disabilities Advisory Committee for the City of Vancouver.
- Ric Tesan is a Lifetime Member of PLAN who supports his daughter Erin to live a meaningful life. Ric has extensive knowledge of the RDSP and many other aspects of future planning.
- Tom Mooney has been active with PLAN and Plan Institute for the past 10 years, and with Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports for the past 5 years.