- This event has passed.
International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD) – Employer Event – Peel Region
November 30, 2015 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
The Peel Partners in Accessibility is hosting a employer event as part of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. At this special employer event you will learn about:
- AODA Employment Standards and resources & Supports available to comply with this new law in Ontario
- Business benefits of creating accessible workplaces
- Incorrect myths regarding cost of accommodations and hiring of persons with disabilities
- Find out why and how to hire persons with disabilities
- Strategies and resources to make employment practices accessible and inclusive
Hear from our distinguished speakers (bios)
- Alfred Spencer, Director, Accessibility Directorate of Ontario
‘Working Towards an Accessible Ontario’ (read his bio)
- Bob Stark, Chair, Partnership Council on Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
‘Improving Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities’ (read his bio)
- Omaya Rakieh, Senior Global Manager GSX
‘Road to Success’ (read her bio)
- Jutta Treviranus, Director Inclusive Design Research Center and G3ICT
‘Designing for the Present and the Future’ (read her bio)
This event is presented by Peel Partners in Accessibility, consisting of the:
- Region of Peel
- City of Mississauga
- Town of Caledon
Admission is free but advance registration is required. Spaces are limited, email us at email@example.com and include your full name and contact information to reserve a spot.
Please provide advance notice if you require an accessibility accommodation to attend or participate in this Event or to access information in an alternate format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding this Special Event, please contact the Town of Caledon by phone at 905.584.2272 x 4288 or by email email@example.com.