Welcome to the first chair yoga pose! I will be posting a new pose for you every other Monday to start your week off strong!
- Sit with your back off chair & feet firmly on ground or foot pedals (if in wheelchair)
- Bring your left arm down & your right arm should be stretched up in air
- Inhale, stretch to left, ONLY as far as you can, making sure right arm is now overhead (if you need stability, you can hold onto left side of chair)
- Exhale, drop right arm down, slowly come up, give yourself a few breaths
- Then repeat to right (same instructions as above)
Repeat on each side 2-3 times.
Benefits of this pose – makes the body more supple, gives your sides a nice stretch, and wakes up your core.
You can read about my experience with chair yoga here.