A fairly simple chair yoga pose this week:
- Sit near the front edge of the chair with your feet parallel, hip-width apart, with your knees and ankles pointed outwards.
- Press the soles of your feet down into the floor. Anchor your sit bones on the chair, and lift your head toward the ceiling to lengthen your neck and spine.
- Lift your sternum and keep your chin parallel to the floor.
- Bring your palms together at your heart, touching your thumbs to your sternum.
- Engage your inner thighs and abdominal muscles while rolling your shoulders up, back, and then relaxing down. Deep breaths while doing so.
Repeat 3-5 times